This is my 101st post! This blog was supposed to be a running record of my crazy dating stories and life in the Pioneer Valley. But over time, it’s changed into a space where I and all of you get to talk about race, gender, and faith.
Below are the top 5 posts so far:
5. Why, Kim Kardashian? On Race, Class and Sex: https://racheljdaniel.wordpress.com/2013/10/18/why-kim-kardashian-on-race-class-and-sex/
4. Even the Mannequins? The War on Women’s Bodies: https://racheljdaniel.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/even-the-mannequins-the-war-on-womens-bodies/
3. My Kind of Black People: https://racheljdaniel.wordpress.com/2013/08/29/my-kind-of-black-people/
This is the only post in the top 5 that is about an experience I’ve had (as opposed to my critique of something going on in popular culture. I had the best time at Martha’s Vineyard and this post is about all the wonderful people I met there.
2. White Women Done Lost Their Minds: The Continued Assault of Black Women: https://racheljdaniel.wordpress.com/2013/11/14/white-women-done-lost-their-minds-the-continued-assault-of-black-women/
1. How to Love an Academic who is on the Job Market: https://racheljdaniel.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/how-to-love-an-academic-who-is-on-the-job-market/
As I write, I grow. Thank you all so much for reading and sending me such encouraging messages about this blog. And please continue to do so! I post every weeknight.