1. American Hustle lived up to the hype. I loved it, and I’m pretty sure all of Amy Adams’ outfits will spark a revival of late 70s style in women’s fashion for 2014. Or maybe I will just bring it back.
2. I need to ease up. I’ve been all work, no rest. Then I stumbled across this article. A 24 year old woman worked for 30 hours straight, and then died. She worked herself to death. My mother warned me that if I kept up my pace of work I would collapse. I scoffed, but this woman’s story makes me listen to my mother’s advice. No job is worth sacrificing my health or well-being. http://www.businessinsider.com/young-woman-dies-after-working-30-hours-2013-12
3. I hate Christmas shopping, but I love the look on my family members’ faces when I get them something unexpected and meaningful. I hope I got it right this year.
4. I love the woman I’ve become this year.
5. When I let one person get under my skin, I give him or her all of my power. To reclaim that power, I need to acknowledge what I’m feeling, and then let it go. It’s usually not that serious.
After all, “haters never win, and winners never hate.”–Kiss the Sky, Farai Chideya