5 things on my mind:
1. I am happier than I have ever been in my life.
2. If a man farts in a coffee shop, and everyone is wearing Bose headphones, does it make a sound?
The answer, unfortunately, was a resounding yes.
3. Yesterday, while I walked down Franklin, a man started talking to me about how hard another man was staring at me from his car. “He looked like he was going to crawl out of his car to come talk to you! He just about broke his neck!,” the man said. “I can’t blame him though.”
Later that day, before I could get too cocky about my physical beauty, I ate a slice of pizza while walking down the block. I noticed men staring at me, but thought that was the norm. Rachel, one of my good friends looked up and said, “girl, you have sauce on your nose.” Jesus knows just how to keep me humble! Praise Him!
4. Whenever I read another sad story about a beautiful PhD woman who can’t find a man, and wants to find one by any means necessary, I think to myself, “move to a city and consider dating a hood guy. Hood guys are remarkably equal opportunity in their romantic interest. As Fat Joe so eloquently raps in “What’s Love,” “she could be the office type or love to strip.”
Any one of those men would holla. Seriously.
5. I have always prioritized work. Now I prioritize my love for God, family, myself, my health, and my happiness.